I am a computational mathematician in the Mathematics and Computer Science Division at Argonne National Laboratory, and a Fellow of the Computation Institute. I am interested in the development of reliable methods for solving large-scale nonlinear optimization problems and in the implementation and analysis of filter type algorithms. This forms the basis from which I am extending nonlinear optimization methodologies to emerging areas such as mixed-integer nonlinear optimization and optimization problems with complementarity constraints.
- Current Research Interests & Testproblem Libraries
- LANS Informal Seminar Series
- Publications & Preprints
- Software (under construction)
- NEOS wiki, an online source for optimization
- SIAG/OPT Views-and-News the newsletter for the SIAM Activity Group on Optimization.
Sven Leyffer (see my google calendar for busy times)
Mathematics and Computer Science Division
Argonne National Laboratory
Argonne, Il 60439, USA
E-mail: leyffer at mcs.anl.gov
Phone: (630) 252-4698; Fax: (630) 252-5986
Some old personal stuff about Gwen & Sven Leyffer.