Minutes for FTB conference call - 2008 February 5th
Revision as of 15:01, 8 February 2008 by Rgupta@mcs.anl.gov
- Argonne National Lab: Rinku Gupta, Narayan Desai
- Lawrence Berkeley National Lab: None
- Oak Ridge National Lab: David Bernholdt, Aniruddha Shet, Scott Hampton, Hoony
- Indiana University: None
- Ohio State University: Karthik Gopalakrishan
- University of Tennessee: None
- Presentation walk-through and Discussion
- Released the FTB-0.5 version to internal developers along with the developers guide
- Discussed the need for FTB to provide a file descriptor to be used for software like OpenMPI to poll on and receive events.
- It was determined that callback functions subscription style provided by FTB should be sufficient for OpenMPI purpose, without the need for exposing file descriptor (which is too low level and not appropriate to be a part of the FTB API).
- Component developers to start component development using the new FTB-0.5 API
- Feedback on Cray to be provided by ORNL
Next meeting is to be held Feb 19th, 2008