Minutes for FTB-MPI conference call - 2011 Mar 23rd
Revision as of 15:26, 30 March 2011 by Rgupta@mcs.anl.gov
- Argonne National Lab: Rinku, Darius
- Oak Ridge National Lab: Hoony, Josh, David, Thomas
- Indiana University: Donginn, Abhishek
- Ohio State University: Ouyang
- Lawrence Berkeley National Lab: Absent
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville: Aurelien
- We discussed the FTB API draft. The discussion focussed on the following:
- There were questions regarding the overall logic behind the new FTB API. Rinku explained the differences and motivation for the new API. We also discussed how each sister standards will exist for each software category ('category' is a broad and loosely defined term in this case) and how these standards will co-exist with the FTB standard.
- Asynchronous operations: We discussed why asnyc operations are not a part of the FTB. Aurelien mentioned that the higher-level libraries (sitting on top of the new FTB API) that will provide asynchronous API should be standardized. We discussed that this could possibly be one of the sister standards of FTB?
- We concluded that moving the components to the new API should not be an issues
- Discussions will be continued over email.
- We discussed how to add support for the job scheduler requirements suggested by the job scheduler community on the SLURM mailing list.