Minutes for FTB conference call - 2009 May 27th
- Oak Ridge National Lab: Hoony, Aniruddha, Scott, David
- Ohio State University: Karthik, Mani
- Institute update:
- Rinku last week and talked about shift towards library-based rather than daemon-based design with FTB-IB.
- Plan to talk to other MPI implementors with respect to FTB in MPI in the coming week.
- Hoony has checked Java FTB client implementation into SVN, with JavaDoc documentation, tutorial, and examples. Feedback requested!
- Aniruddha has been refining the event service implementation for the fusion simulation application
- Scott making progress on implementing LAMMPS (molecular dynamics) workflow
- Met with Phil Roth to learn about MRNet, which is a communication infrastructure for building parallel tools. Might provide some advantages if we wanted to develop a more sophisticated FTB implementation. We need to think about this some more.