Minutes for FTB-MPI conference call - 2011 May 25th
- Argonne National Lab: Rinku
- Oak Ridge National Lab: Thomas
- Indiana University: DongInn, Lizhe
- Ohio State University: Xavier
- Lawrence Berkeley National Lab: Absent
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville: Absent
- Policy manager: We discussed the policy manager and the direction it should take. The motivation for it is not very strong in terms of practical scenarios. As of now, the plan is to postpone development efforts on the policy manager until the practical need is justified. There were no objections to this.
- ANL could deploy the FTB and modified MVAPICH on Fusion cluster and it is logging events. Users need to compile their code against the modified MPI for event publishing to take place. Making the modified MPI a default option is being considered but convincing system administrators has been difficult.
- Indiana has been continuing work on the FTB-enabled Slurm development.
- OSU continues to work on the FTB-IPMI implementation. Currently, trying to get applications to subscribe to events published by a node IPMI layer. They however needed an aggregators which could get events from different components (i.e IPMI information from different nodes), analyze the information and publish a composite event. Thomas suggested that OSU look at the FTB-enabled SEC, developed by ORNL, can be used by applications to create policies to get events and see if it suffices.