Minutes for FTB-MPI conference call - 2011 Mar 9th
- Argonne National Lab: Rinku, Harish, Darius
- Oak Ridge National Lab: Hoony, Josh, David, Thomas
- Indiana University: Donginn, Abhishek
- Ohio State University: Ouyang
- Lawrence Berkeley National Lab: Absent
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville: Aurelien
- Harish gave an update on the policy manager. The Policy manager API will be sent out by Harish this week.
- ANL (Pavan, Dries, Darius, Rinku) are working on a FTB API that can be supported on all platforms, has scope for multiple implementations, and can be recommended to vendors. The draft of this document will be sent out around the next week.
- Rinku recommended that all institutes touchbase and look at the CIFTS proposal deliverables in order to
- Hoony and Thomas have worked on a plan for deployment of FTB with supportable components on the Jaguar cluster. Rinku, Thomas and Hoony are currently refining the plan and getting the inital implementation in place.
- No other major updates.
- No major update
- We discussed briefly the progress with respect to the FTB-enabled Open MPI release as well as the test scripts.
- Aurelien is continuing his work with FTB in ScaLAPACK (LU factorization has been completed).
- Paul is to send emails out to the Torque and Slurm mailing lists for job scheduler discussion
- OSU created some scenarios to help analysis of need for policy management. We briefly discussed this.